Conversion Checklist - Facilities
- Are existing chemical handling facilities/practices applicable?
- Are existing handling facilities/practices adequate?
- Are existing handling facilities/practices excessive or can
they be simplified?
- Have closed-loop recycle and reuse within the plant been investigated?
- Is there sufficient space for any necessary new equipment or
to retrofit old equipment?
- Is there enough space to hold parts to dry if a longer time
- Is the material of your existing equipment compatible with your
- Do recycling facilities need to be added?
- Is humidity control adequate?
- Are pumps adequate?
- Will scale build-up be a problem?
- Will additional electricity be required?
- Will additional vents or drains be required.
- Will more water be needed?
- Is additional water available from other processes in the plant
or will total plant intake need to be increased?
- Is additional water available to your plant (will depend on
- Is existing plumbing is adequate?
- Is the water supply clean enough and, if not, are facilities
available to clean the water (distill, deionize, filter)?
- Will the volume of wastewater generated onsite change?
- Will this be a problem for your onsite water treatment, if applicable?
- Will the contents or temperature of your onsite wastewater change?
- Will your on-site system accommodate any changes?
- Will the volume of wastewater discharged to the sewer change?
- Will the contents or temperature of the water stream discharged
to the sewer change?
- Do you need to adjust the pH of your wastewater stream?
- Is available air clean/dry enough for drying or other processes
and, if not, what pretreatment (dehumidification, filtration,
etc.) will be needed?
- Is needed air pretreatment currently available?
- Will the volume, content, temperature, or location of air emissions
- Will the emissions require a change in stack or local air cleaners?
- Will the volume or contents of solid waste change?
- Will the waste be classified as hazardous?
- Will hazardous waste treatment/disposal be needed onsite or
- Will you need hazardous waste treatment/disposal?
State Information |
Conversion Checklist |
Process Advisor |
All SAGE material, Copyright© 1992,
Research Triangle Institute
22 January 1999