Updated on 07/15/2021 03:22 am
Onion in squares, tomato in cubes, shelled corn and a few drops of lemon are the ingredients of the ‘chalaquita’, a bush born in the port of Callao which gained fame when it was combined with mussels, those rich-flavored mollusks. Today we will teach you the recipe for mussels a la chalaca, one of the most irresistible dishes of the Gastronomy of Peru and that they are perfect for you to surprise your family.
MORE INFORMATION | Fish pickle recipe
- 24 choros
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. chinese onion, white part, minced
- 1 tbsp chili pepper without veins or seeds, minced
- 2 tbsp. yellow chili without veins or seeds, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and white pepper
- Clean the mussels, put them in a pot with a cup of water and cook them over high heat, until they open, for about five minutes.
- Take them off the heat, take them out of their shells. Reserve the mussels and their shells separately.
- In a bowl, mix the onion, Chinese onion, chili peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro and season. Add the mussels and mix well.
- Place the mussels in their shells and cover them with the onion and chili sauce. Serve.
This Recipe was published in menuperu.elcomercio.pe on 04-10-2012