The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported today, Friday, February 18, that a total of 48 people died from the COVID-19 in the country in the last 24 hours. With this number, the death toll from the deadly virus in Peru rose to 208,964. In addition, 8,656 infections were registered in the last week (4,671 in the last 24 hours), bringing the total number of infected people to 3,474,965.
The minsa also reported that there are a total of 3,073 hospitalized patients, of which 1,269 are on mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit (ICU).
MORE INFORMATION | Minsa recognizes lack of dose against COVID-19 for children and process would be resumed at the end of February
The figures were published early this Friday through the Minsa Twitter account and its web portal, but the data is based on the situation of the COVID-19 in Peru until 11:00 pm on February 16.
– Ministry of Health (@Minsa_Peru) February 18, 2022
Vaccinations in Peru
Until now, Peru has received more than 26 million vaccines from Sinopharm, more than 40 million from Pfizer and more than 5 million from AstraZeneca. All of these are applied according to the programming by age groups established by the Government after prioritizing health personnel, older adults and members of the National Police, Armed Forces and Firefighters.
Immunization in Peru began in February, after the arrival of the first batch of vaccines from China (Sinopharm). To date, vaccination continues throughout the country.
In Lima, Callao and other regions children are already vaccinated from 5 years of age.
REVIEW HERE | Minister of Health was unaware of the authorization granted to Molnupiravir but anticipates that Peru “will not buy it”
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- COVID-19 in Lima and Callao: are social gatherings, bars and nightclubs allowed this weekend?
- Minsa on Molnupiravir: “We have no evidence to support this admission as a COVID-19 treatment”
- COVID-19: more than 27 million 109 thousand Peruvians have already been vaccinated
- Hernán Condori rules out resigning from the Minsa: “We are seeing the problems of the sector”
- Firefighters controlled the fire that consumed the COVID-19 area of the Chancay hospital | VIDEO