The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported that Today, Monday, February 7a total of 207,114 people died from the COVID-19. With this number, the death toll from the deadly virus in Peru rose by 62. In addition, it reported that infections increased by 9,406 (2,722 in the last 24 hours), bringing the total number of infected people to 3,372,895.
LOOK: They denounce that police ran over and caused the death of a motorcyclist in an attempt to flee intervention after requesting a bribe
The Minsa also reported that there is a total of 5274 hospitalized patientsof which 1399 are with mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit (ICU).
– Ministry of Health (@Minsa_Peru) February 8, 2022
Vaccinations in Peru
So far, Peru has received more than 26 million vaccines from Sinopharm, more than 34 million from Pfizer, and more than 4 million from AstraZeneca. All of these are applied according to the programming by age groups established by the Government after prioritizing health personnel, older adults and members of the National Police, Armed Forces and Firefighters.
LOOK: Sunedu will present an amparo action against the bill that modifies the composition of the Board of Directors
Immunization in Peru began in February, after the arrival of the first batch of vaccines from China (Sinopharm). To date, vaccination continues throughout the country.
In Lima, Callao and other regions, vaccination is given from 5 to 11 years old with comorbidities, and from 10 onwards without comorbidities.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- National Council of Education on standard approved against Sunedu: the regulated party can never be part of the regulatory body
- Peruvians expressed their weariness and indignation: in defense of Sunedu and against the government
- Oil spill: Repsol estimates completion of cleanup in hard-to-reach areas by March
- Environment Minister visited La Pampilla refinery amid questions about his work experience
- Harold Forsyth gave details about the complaint against Repsol before the OAS: “It was due to negligence of a company”