Updated on 11/18/2021 01:04 pm
For athletes, food plays a fundamental role for their health and well-being, since it provides them with a greater development of physical capacity and performance. Within the diet it is important to include foods that provide proteins of high biological value and the Pork Meat it is a great option. For this reason, the professional or amateur athlete is recommended to include it in their menu 3 to 4 times a week, in order to have a varied and balanced diet.
Benefits of pork
- Contains 48% oleic acid, a fatty acid like olive oil that helps balance cholesterol levels.
- A pork fillet provides you with almost 20g of protein per 100g, a source of natural amino acids for your muscles.
- Pork has an Omega 9 fat content, higher than beef and chicken. That is, it has a fatty acid that has multiple benefits for sports performance.
- Pork loin is an ideal type of cut for athletes who seek to recover or increase body mass since it has only 2.6 percent fat, lower than other meats, which makes it a great source protein
- Its versatility when cooking it. Because in addition to being one of the options for a balanced diet, the cuts are easy to cook: either grilled, roasted, in the saucepan with a slow cooker, in milanesas, and other alternatives to include in your healthy menu.
“The key to pork consumption is in balance: neither extreme is good, and it is essential to know that health goes hand in hand with a varied diet that includes all the necessary nutrients for vital functions”, says the nutritionist Milagros Agurto.
For her part, Jessica Julca, Manager for South America of the Federation of Meat Exporters of the United States, points out that at this moment they are focusing efforts so that families can incorporate a protein with high protein value, such as meat from pork.
“Pork meat, apart from being very versatile in our kitchen, has great advantages at the nutritional level. Therefore, throughout the month of November and December we will work on an initiative called #PoramoralChancho in order to promote the different cuts of this input”, He commented.