Updated on 09/12/2021 03:05 pm
September 13 is International Chocolate Day and the date well deserves to be celebrated with a delicious bite of this sweet. To have a day full of flavor at home, Víctor Tarazona, Sugarlab pastry chef, teaches you how to prepare delicious chocolate truffles with liqueur.
- 600 gr. chocolate to melt
- 3 tbsp Baileys liqueur
- 200 gr. chocolate to melt
- Powdered sugar
- Chunks of almonds or pecans
- Chop the chocolate and melt in the microwave for 40 seconds, stir and melt another 40 seconds until it is dissolved.
- Mix the melted chocolate and the 3 tablespoons of Baileys liqueur in a bowl, let cool and put them in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove and verify that the consistency is pliable to work it. In case it is very hard, take it to the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Make balls of the size of your preference, place them on a tray with non-stick paper and take them back to the freezer for an hour.
- Option 1: Melt the chocolate, cover the truffles and wait for it to solidify.
- Option 2: You can add pieces of dried fruit, such as almonds or pecans, to the chocolate coating as a decoration.
- Option 3: Cover the truffles with powdered sugar.
Would you like to know more recipes? Víctor Tarazona from SugarLab will reveal the secrets of his chocolate cake in an online class that will take place on Friday, September 17 at 5:00 pm Sign up through the Sugarlab networks on Instagram and Facebook or on their website www.sugarlab.net.