A shaking of 5.6 magnitude was registered at 05:27 in the morning in Lima and Callao, reported the Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP) on their social networks.
LOOK: The soils of Lima and why earthquakes do not feel the same in all districts | #WeReady
According to the report, the earthquake occurred at 19 kilometers northeast of Lima with a depth of 116 kilometers.
IGP / CENSIS / RS 2022-0016
Date and Local Time: 07/01/2022 05:27:05
Intensity: V-VI Lima
Reference: 19 km NE of Lima, Lima – Lima
– National Seismological Center (@Sismos_Peru_IGP) January 7, 2022
The local authorities of the National Institute of Civil Defense (Indeci) have not yet reported personal or material damage due to the earthquake that occurred this morning.
In cases of earthquake, Indeci authorities recommend acting calmly and having identified safe areas inside and outside the home, in order to avoid personal injury to be regretted.
LOOK: Earthquake in Lima: Which districts of the capital are the most vulnerable to a possible earthquake of great magnitude?
In addition, they advise having a emergency backpack Contains tools, portable radio, and non-perishable canned staples.
Peru is located in the area called the Pacific Ring of Fire, where approximately 85% of the world’s seismic activity is recorded.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Get to know the virtual platform that tells you where to go as soon as an earthquake occurs in Lima | #WeReady
- Restrictions, curfew, high level provinces and more measures by 3rd wave
- What does the project that seeks to remodel public space in Miraflores consist of?
- More doctors are missing to attend to potential cases of COVID-19 and other diseases
- Amazonas: traffic reopens on the Fernando Belaunde road section damaged by earthquake and river reservoir