A few weeks before the matches of the Peruvian team for the Qualifiers for the Qatar 2022 World Cup, the Government ordered this Sunday, January 16, that people be allowed to enter soccer stadiums, but established that it be at a capacity of 30% for provinces that are at a high health risk level, such as Lima and Callao, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19.
LOOK: COVID-19 in children: know the warning signs that indicate that a doctor must be consulted
In addition, in the supreme decree it was determined that only women will be able to enter the stadiums. people who have their three doses, including the booster, as announced by the Vice Minister of Public Health, Gustavo Rosell, hours before.
Days ago, the Minister of Health, Hernando Cevallos, had indicated that the Government will act with “great care” regarding the authorization of the capacity and the presence of people in soccer stadiums in the face of the advance of the omicron variant of COVID-19 .
LOOK: COVID-19: infections are increasing in young people between 20 and 24 years old and they are already more than those detected last December, Essalud alerts
The norm established that Lima and Callao, being at the high level of health risk due to the third wave of the COVID-19, the capacity in the stadiums was 0%. However, the Government decided to modify it.
The peruvian national team will face his similar from Ecuador on February 1 at the National Stadium for the Qualifiers.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Free COVID-19 tests: how do I know if I can go to a Minsa center?
- How have daily infections increased in the regions in recent weeks?
- COVID-19: curfew in Lima and Callao will start at midnight and end at 4:00 am
- COVID-19: What is the situation of the Peruvian health system in the face of the third wave and the rapid advance of the omicron?
- How have daily COVID-19 infections increased in the regions in recent weeks?